My welding career started as a top side welder where I was trained to a high standard (ASME IX 6G Pipe welder) in the 90’s, after having completed an HND at Brighton University for Architectural Technology.
I was involved in many large scale civil projects in the UK, including the extension link of the channel tunnel train line from Ashford to London. While in London I set up a dry dock with a team of welders where we overhauled many work boats and barges to 100% customer satisfaction.
Having mastered welding skills top-side, I progressed underwater completing my diving Part 1 in Durban South Africa and Fort William for the top up. I then worked for numerous companies in the UK and abroad successfully completing a broad spectrum of diving projects, taking the time along the way to further train myself in the following areas:
• Hydroweld Underwater Welding certificates (many coding for various projects).
• 3.1U and 3.2U CSWIP Under Water inspection certificates.
• ASNT Level 2 MPI (Surface Inspection).
• FRC Rescue Boat Captain.
• IMCA Air Supervisor.
I have worked on numerous ground breaking projects with Hydroweld around the world where I mastered the skill of wet welding. I have experience in effecting repairs to platform members, ship repair, and pipeline repair. All carried out to a paramount standard and independently verified for accuracy and quality.
Having worked in West Africa for the past eight years being based in Nigeria and Cameroon, I have first hand experience in running projects in this challenging area of operation.
During my time in Africa I have been responsible for the following projects
• Rig Repairs International completes first independent contract for Hercules off shore, cutting free the Jack Up Drilling Rig 156 from the BOA BARGE. Also burning free all tie downs throughout the rig from the transport phase (top side welding included)
• Rig Repairs International worked closely with RUE/OMAK for logistics including visa’s, import of equipment, and the supply of both ex-pat and national divers. I also participated in the ongoing project with Addax off shore of Calabar installing risers and spool pieces to their platforms.
• Special Survey Scarabeo 3 Saipem, 2007. I personally re-designed the faulty anode system that was present, installed the new anodes, complete with under water inspection and construction, top side welding, rope access welding and inspection. I managed the project from start to finish, including pricing, logistics, material preparation and in house training of staff.
• Working as an inspection diver on the Mobil field I was responsible for wet welding, inspection, report writing and numerous other tasks.
• Setting up a containerised dive system in Port Harcourt to be used off shore of Nigeria, all to the highest of standards.
• Project managed the complete renewal of all anodes on the drill ship Deep Water Discovery for Transocean.
• Numerous UWILDS on Jack Up’s, Semi subs and FPSO’s for the following companies: Saipem, Transocean, Prosafe, Noble.
• Ship repair (under water welding and inserts)
I have taken RRI from a local based Cameroon company to a world leader in Inspection and repair of floating platforms for the oil and gas sector, I have also established our own complex close to Limbe with full base to cater for our clients needs.
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
PADI OPEN WATER DIVE INSTRUCTOR, DISCIPLINED IN THE SKILLS OF MUAI THAI WITH NUMEROUS FIGHTS IN THAILAND, RONIN CLOSE PROTECTION OFFICER (USE OF TACTICLE DRIVING, SHIPS CAPTAIN MEDIC, FIRE ARMS, UNARMED COMBAT, PERSONAL PROTECTION. HUNTING, SPEAR FISHING.