There are numerous tasks that need to be performed underwater that include but are not limited to:
- Marine Growth Removal to prevent micro biological corrosion and destruction of paint covering which increases the risk of corrosion and reduces the life expectancy of the structure/vessel. Also to prevent heavy weights on structures that will increase stresses, and for vessels will increase drag and as such increase fuel costs and decrease travel time.
- Pipeline maintenance, riser installation, metrology and tie ins.
- Platform, Rig and Vessel maintenance to include water jetting, clamping, rigging, prop polishing, prop clearance, air lifting of debris, concreting, piling etc.
- Sea Bed Surveys for rig moves and similar operations.
- Underwater painting using Chemco underwater paint to protect areas of steel exposed to the environment.